Saturday, July 13, 2013

Peach Stock


When it comes to makeup, I'm pretty into finding products that work well and sticking with them.I do have one vice though, when it comes to lip products. I'm constantly on the hunt for my ideal peach toned lipstick. You know, that perfect peachy nude that isn't too dark but not too washed out either (pale problems). I know its a bit ridiculous to have so many in the same colour range, but I do enjoy them all and I love finding new ones that might be even better. I narrowed down some of my current and all time favorites and swatched them.

A few notes: L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge in 'Perpetual Peach' might just be my all time favorite, being long lasting and a true peachy nude that I always come back to (but it doesn't hurt to keep looking...). The YSL glossy stain is a new love - and probably tied for first if it hasn't already taken over: buildable, lasting and non sticky with the prettiest colour. MAC's Pro Longwear Lipcream in 'To the Future' is a great peach for pale skin tones that lasts forever. Rimmel Apocalips in 'Luna' is so lovely that I had to hunt it down on ebay because I couldn't wait for it to come to North America - its a bit like a budget version of the glossy stain. Revlon lip butters are my favorite tinted balm that I wear most days, and 'Juicy Papaya' is a really unique shade. The initial color of Revlon's balm stain is the ideal nude - my only gripe being that is fades into an odd red before long. Stila's convertible colour in 'Gerbera' is my current favorite blush, and works well as a lipstick when blended with a balm. Revlon Colorstay Suede in 'Front Row' is the perfect peachy pale pink, and NYX Xtreme Lip Cream performs similar to the Rimmel Apocalips.

2 comments:

  1. I have that Revlon Just Bitten balm. I'm not craaazy about it. But I also suspect that peach is not for me; it's hard for me to wear light coloured lipstick because my lucious, red lip colour just changes the effect of EVERYTHING. As a result, most of my lip things (which I should wear more), are pretty saturated reds, pinks and plums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The just bitten balm stain makes me so mad with the colour change, but I put up with it from time to time because the initial colour is so pretty. I just end up hating on it mid day. I don't think the formula is worth the hype.

      Haha I get what you mean - its so cool that your lips are so naturally pigmented! You are lucky that you can pull off reds and berries so well - they are so pretty. Post about them if you ever feel like - I'd love to see your favourites!

      Delete